Sunday, April 30, 2017

Thats a Wrap!

After 24 hours in the incubator, the plates definitely had growth, but there were no distinct differences. 

Before incubation: 

After: 

As you can see, the bacterial growth on all three plates look very similar. For this reason, I concluded that the use of neither the braided vicryl nor monocryl led to increased bacterial presence, and bacterial adherence to both sutures is about the same. This conclusion is not accurate for many reasons. For one, the experiment was not conducted in a sterile environment with sterile tools and surfaces. Also, the sutures were placed in pork which was left out for five days so it is only natural that bacteria associated with rotting meat was apparent. 

Since this will be my last post, I would like to thank all of you for keeping up with my posts these last 12 weeks. I will be presenting my project on May 6th at BASIS Phoenix if anyone is interested in attending!

No comments:

Post a Comment